Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do I smell gas?

It all started as a way to dry our clothes faster and to get $75 from PG&E. As Jeremy said, it sounded so easy. We were given a gas dryer and Jeremy, being an electrician, did not anticipate any problems. However that was not the case. All he had to do was run some gas pipe to the dryer. He turned off the gas and proceeded to run the pipe. No problems there. Then he turned the gas back on and checked for leaks. Wouldn't you know....the gas valve leaked.....the new gas valve! So we went to Home Depot to get another valve and that one leaked as well! At this point Jeremy was very frustrated. So, he ended up going to Ace Hardware and finally that one worked. And it was made in Italy! I am so proud! This all happened last Friday night. Like a good "citizen", Jeremy called PG&E to notify that he had turned off the gas. They said that they would have to come to the house and check out the work he did. Of course they couldn't come that same day. It would be sometime Saturday after 8:00 in the morning. This did not make me very thrilled because we were supposed to go to San Jose for a 1st birthday party for one of Haley's friends. So, now this meant that I was going to have to drive to San Jose with Haley by myself because you know PG&E were not going to come before we had to leave. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am directionally challenged. My brother says I get lost in my own backyard although I am a little better than that, thank you! Thankfully we have a GPS that Jeremy got for Christmas. I used it and I must say, it was not as bad ad I was anticipating. Because believe me, I was VERY nervous! I prayed the whole way there. God was faithful in holding off the rain so I could see clearly and Haley and I made it to the party in one piece. So, on a happier note, it was so fun to see Haley with the other kids at the party. My baby is growing up right before my eyes.




1 comment:

Jeni said...

Sweet baby girl! Lookin' like her Aunt Jeni with the blond hair and blue eyes! I miss her!!!!