Saturday, February 6, 2010

Christmas 2009












This Christmas held a more special meaning for me because it was Haley's first. I loved seeing it through her eyes even if she didn't quite get it. Christmas Eve we were at my parents house with my mom's side of the family. Everyone was so excited to see Haley and Haley really took to my mom's little cousin, Colten. My dad dressed up as Santa and Haley was a little skeptical about that. I don't think she was afraid but she was not overjoyed either. The Santa suit that my dad wore has been in the family for many years. My mom's grandma made it and played Santa every year for my mom's dad and his brother. After she passed on, it stayed in the family and there have been different Santas over the years. It was so neat to see my dad in that suit carrying on the tradition for my daughter. Christmas Day my family, along with Jeremy's brothers and mom and dad, were at our house. Jeremy and I had our time with Haley in the morning and it was so much fun seeing her open her presents.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Awwww! That's so special! Love the tradition being carried on for Haley!